Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a dish that devloped, filled with fresh herbs, and very delicious. I cook it in a good sized cast iron casserole with a lid. This dish can be served with polenta or garlic mashed potatoes
- 3 lbs pork loin roast
- 8 ounces Italian sausages, casings removed and crumbled (about 4)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (to taste)
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- Brown on all sides in Olive oil.
- Remove to a plate.
- Brown sausage meat.
- Saute onion and garlic with sausage.
- Add chicken stock, bay leaves, Basil, & thyme.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes.
- Place Roast in sauce.
- Add rosemary, sage, and parsley.
- hot pepper flakes to taste.
- Bake at 350° F till an internal temp of 140° F is reached.