Recipe by Charmie777
Great Italian flavor in a beef stew. For the crockpot. This is from Campbell's. Posted for the 'Zaar World Tour II.
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
Wonderful stew! I dusted my stew meat in seasoned flour and browned it in olive oil before putting it in the crock pot. I added some things-chopped onion, celery, more carrots (6), fresh sliced mushrooms, 6 minced garlic cloves instead of the powder, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, Emeril's Essence, seasoned salt, and a bay leaf. I used beef consomme instead of the broth. I used Great Northern white beans and I added in some fresh minced parsley when I put them in. If the stew is too soupy for you, the flouring /browning meat step will help and another great tip is : when adding the beans, remove a quarter of them and mash them with a potato masher before putting them in the crock pot with the rest of the beans. It will thicken the stew nicely. I recommend using the wine instead of the water, as Parsley did. I served this with crusty sourdough rolls. My whole family LOVED it and I will make this again for sure-so easy and economical too! Thanks!
- 304.75 g can tomato soup
- 283.49 g can condensed beef broth
- 118.29 ml red wine or 118.29 ml water
- 907.18 g beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 403.98 g candiced Italian-style tomatoes
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning, crushed
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2 (907.18 g) caneach white kidney beans (cannellini)