Recipe by Charmie777
Great Italian flavor in a beef stew. For the crockpot. This is from Campbell's. Posted for the 'Zaar World Tour II.
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
Wonderful stew! I dusted my stew meat in seasoned flour and browned it in olive oil before putting it in the crock pot. I added some things-chopped onion, celery, more carrots (6), fresh sliced mushrooms, 6 minced garlic cloves instead of the powder, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, Emeril's Essence, seasoned salt, and a bay leaf. I used beef consomme instead of the broth. I used Great Northern white beans and I added in some fresh minced parsley when I put them in. If the stew is too soupy for you, the flouring /browning meat step will help and another great tip is : when adding the beans, remove a quarter of them and mash them with a potato masher before putting them in the crock pot with the rest of the beans. It will thicken the stew nicely. I recommend using the wine instead of the water, as Parsley did. I served this with crusty sourdough rolls. My whole family LOVED it and I will make this again for sure-so easy and economical too! Thanks!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) candiced Italian-style tomatoes
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (16 ounce) canseach white kidney beans (cannellini)