Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
An iron rich meal for all the family. Published by the NZ Beef & Lamb Marketing Bureau.
Top Review by loof
We really enjoyed this tasty pasta sauce! The allspice and cinnamon gave this a very exotic flavor; I served it with the optional basil pesto and am glad I did because that brought it back to a more Italian flavor. Rich and hearty, served over whole wheat pasta with salad and bread - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 500 g minced beef
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 130 g tomato paste
- 500 g pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef stock, dried instant
- 2 bay leaves
- Worcestershire sauce, dash
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in frying pan and brown the onion, garlic, beef and spices over a high heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stiring well.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stiring occasionally.
- Serve over your favourite fresh pasta with parmesan cheese, a spoonful of basil pesto (optional) and a side salad.