Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
An iron rich meal for all the family. Published by the NZ Beef & Lamb Marketing Bureau.
Make and share this Tuscan Beef & Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g minced beef
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 130 g tomato paste
- 500 g pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef stock, dried instant
- 2 bay leaves
- Worcestershire sauce, dash
- Heat oil in frying pan and brown the onion, garlic, beef and spices over a high heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stiring well.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stiring occasionally.
- Serve over your favourite fresh pasta with parmesan cheese, a spoonful of basil pesto (optional) and a side salad.
We really enjoyed this tasty pasta sauce! The allspice and cinnamon gave this a very exotic flavor; I served it with the optional basil pesto and am glad I did because that brought it back to a more Italian flavor. Rich and hearty, served over whole wheat pasta with salad and bread - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is a great pasta sauce. I loved the taste. DH found it too thick. So next time I'll add maybe tomato juice to thin it. I used only 1/2 tsp of allspice and no cinnamon. I put the whole teaspoon of paprika. I used a parmesan and romano pasta sauce. Thanks Kiwi Kathy :) Made for the Australian recipe swap for April 2011
Thank you for sharing this tasty recipe Kiwi Kathy. It had a lovely texture and great flavor. The spices worked well in this dish, they were subtle and not overpowering. My dh didn't want pasta last night so we enjoyed this on Farmhouse Buttermilk Biscuits. Served it up sloppy joe style. It was was very hearty and comforting. I will make this again, can't wait to try it on pasta. :)