A super-quick, simple, and healthy side dish that can be thrown together at the last minute with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. I sometimes like to also add a clove of minced garlic. From Cooking Light.
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- cracked black pepper (optional)
- fresh rosemary (optional)
- In a large saucepan combine beans, undrained tomatoes, vinegar, rosemary, and red pepper; heat to boiling.
- If desired, sprinkle with black pepper and/or garnish with rosemary.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.