A super-quick, simple, and healthy side dish that can be thrown together at the last minute with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. I sometimes like to also add a clove of minced garlic. From Cooking Light.
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- cracked black pepper (optional)
- fresh rosemary (optional)
- In a large saucepan combine beans, undrained tomatoes, vinegar, rosemary, and red pepper; heat to boiling.
- If desired, sprinkle with black pepper and/or garnish with rosemary.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
Sometimes I like rosemary and sometimes I don't but this salad is GREAT!! and it uses my new favorite bean, the cannellini bean. Like someone else I liked it after it had set a while and I liked it cold a whole lot. we had this as a side to grilled burgers and brats but I think this is going to be a good lunch box salad also.
This recipe is delicious. I added diced chicken breast, and it was a delicious one dish meal. Very satisfying- I look forward to making it again!
I liked this but alas, not enough to do it again. Very easy to put together and I do love beans and tomatoes (which is what prompted me to try this recipe), but I didn't care for the end result. ( (The above comments were my original review but I would like to add that I came accross the leftovers a couple of days later and found that they were much tastier after being in the fridge for a couple of days. Also I liked it much more served cold, rather than hot.