Recipe by Dienia B.
I needed to make a soup in the crock pot. You do have to saute veggies before you add them. I got 5 lbs of beans on sale and needed to do different things with them. If you don't want to add the last 3 ingredients, it still makes a good soup.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped with leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 lb dried white bean
- 8 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 ounce arugula leaf, Dole with lettuces is were you get it, mince it fine
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion, carrots, and celery in the olive oil.
- Dump the beans in crock pot; add the water and boullion. I cooked the beans on high for 4 hours and they were done. If you want to cook longer put on slow. My crock pot runs kinda hot so judge by your cooker.
- Cook until you get home; you may need to add water later.
- Add arugula, which has been minced fine, and Parmesan cheese for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Garnish with a dash of lemon juice in bowl.