Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I needed to make a soup in the crock pot. You do have to saute veggies before you add them. I got 5 lbs of beans on sale and needed to do different things with them. If you don't want to add the last 3 ingredients, it still makes a good soup.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped with leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 lb dried white bean
- 8 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 ounce arugula leaf, Dole with lettuces is were you get it, mince it fine
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- Saute the onion, carrots, and celery in the olive oil.
- Dump the beans in crock pot; add the water and boullion. I cooked the beans on high for 4 hours and they were done. If you want to cook longer put on slow. My crock pot runs kinda hot so judge by your cooker.
- Cook until you get home; you may need to add water later.
- Add arugula, which has been minced fine, and Parmesan cheese for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Garnish with a dash of lemon juice in bowl.
This soup is amazing -- so good and uses things on hand. I used cheddar cheese and skipped the lemon juice but otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing!
This looked good but didn't have all the ingredients so used pinto beans and spinach. I used veggie broth instead of water and left out the boullion cubes. Great soup! Thanks Dienia. Made for Newest Zaar tag.