Recipe by scratchcook
Savory soup that will warm your heart and your tummy!
Top Review by Bev
Wonderful! This very tasty soup takes only minutes to prepare and contains ingredients you most likely already have on hand. I made as directed with the only exception being that I added only 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning instead of the 3 teaspoons in the ingredient list. Thanks so much for posting, scratchcook!
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) package Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- In large soup pot, saute carrots, onion, and garlic in olive oil until carrots are tender.
- Stir in cannellini beans, chicken broth and seasonings. Can add more salt to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes or so.
- Ladel soup into bowls, top with a few spinach leaves and let them wilt for a minute or so. Serve with crusty bread.