Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Savory soup that will warm your heart and your tummy!
Make and share this Tuscan Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- In large soup pot, saute carrots, onion, and garlic in olive oil until carrots are tender.
- Stir in cannellini beans, chicken broth and seasonings. Can add more salt to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes or so.
- Ladel soup into bowls, top with a few spinach leaves and let them wilt for a minute or so. Serve with crusty bread.
Wonderful! This very tasty soup takes only minutes to prepare and contains ingredients you most likely already have on hand. I made as directed with the only exception being that I added only 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning instead of the 3 teaspoons in the ingredient list. Thanks so much for posting, scratchcook!
I really enjoyed this soup! I made a couple of changes- added 1 cup of spiral pasta, an additional cup of chicken broth, and a package of (turkey) Italian sausage, just to make it a little heartier. Everyone ate it (a rarity at my house), and said they enjoyed it as well. I will definitely make this again. Thanks! :)
What a great soup. I only changed the brand of chicken broth to two 15 oz cans of Health Valley's lowfat chicken broth. I am making it again for tonights supper. Thank you for posting!