Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
E-mailed to me from diabeticgormet.com
- 1 cup white beans (rinsed and drained -cannellini or navy)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley (chopped, divided)
- 2 tablespoons oil and balsamic vinegar dressing
- 2 teaspoons oil and balsamic vinegar dressing
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 head red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Place beans in a serving bowl and add onion.
- Drain tuna and break into large flakes. Add to the beans.
- Add half the parsley, 2 tablespoons dressing, and salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter and spoon salad over the leaves.
- Toss tomatoes with 2 teaspoons dressing, add salt and pepper to taste, and toss again.
- Arrange tomatoes around edges of salad plate. Sprinkle tuna and tomatoes.
- with the remaining parsley and serve.