Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good, basic bean dip to serve to guests. I don't remember where I got this recipe but I've had it since the early 80's, when food processors became popular.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- In a food processor with knife blade attached, process garlic, onion and parsley until finely chopped.
- Add beans, lemon juice, pepper and salt; pulse until almost smooth.
- Pour into serving bowl; stir in pimentos.
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately Serve with toasted bread slices or raw vegetables.
I really thought I would like this dip, but it just didn't suit me. I thought the lemon flavor was way too strong.
Like Hummus! You`ll like this. And isn`t the food processor the best invention? I did add extra roasted garlic just because I love the stuff.I know It doesn`t call for roasted garlic but it`s so good. Good and Easy!!