- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dried small whole wheat pasta (shells or broken noodles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, beans, sugar, 1/3 cup water, and seasonings. Bring to boil.
- Add pasta and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.