Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another Cooking Pleasures Recipe.
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced red onion
- 425.24 g can cannellini or 425.24 g can borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- Place onion in medium bowl; cover with ice water. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, place beans in a large bowl. Drain onions; add to large bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add to large bowl; toss.
This was very good indeed. I used Borlotti beans and Greek seasoned pink sea salt which was wonderful. I would add some finely minced garlic next time just because it would add that finishing touch. This is simple and makes a grand lunch salad.
Mmmm, what a wonderful salad! So quick and easy to make with such a great flavour! I loved the combination of the zippyy red onion with the mellow beans. YUM! I will certainly make this again as everyone just raved about it! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great recipe with us, crazycookingmama! Made and reviewed for Photo Tag June 2010.
This is delicious and made a great lunch. I did add some diced cucumber and a few chopped cherry tomatoes just to use up a few things from my refrigerator and they worked very well in this salad.