Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe out of a magazine, and just let me say...wow! It was delicious. It's easily doubled, as I did. And it's quick and a hit.
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Fruit-Fresh Produce Protector
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced white onion
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- assorted crackers or tortilla chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine avocado and procdue protector.
- Stir until avocadis is well coated.
- Add tomatoes, onion, feta cheese and salad dressing.
- Stir until combined.
- Serve with crackers or refrigerate until ready to serve.
My Mom found this recipe in a magazine as well and it is amazing. We made it for a family gathering a couple months ago and had to go out and buy more ingredients to make more because we all inhaled it right away! The only thing I have done different is use green onions instead of white onions mostly because that is what we had on hand. Have made it 4 times since then and it is always a hit.
What an interesting recipe this was! Having tired of just plain old guacamole, I saw this and had to experiment. Don't let the unusual combination of Italian dressing and avocado fool you, it really works and gives everything great flavor! I left out the tomatoes just because we aren't very fond of them, and the produce protector wasn't necessary since we were eating it immediately, but everything else was made as directed and came out terrific! We served them with Milton's Original crackers, but next time I would opt for something a little less complex in flavor - you will want the dip to stand out! I'll definitely consider making this again.