Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Butter is mixed with chocolate crumbs, pressed into pan and sprinkled with coconut and chocolate chips and caramels. Sweetened condensed milk is poured over and sprinkled with nuts. When cooled it is iced with melted chocolate. Very rich and dense.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (60 mL)
- 1 cup chocolate wafer, crumbs (250 ml)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (250 ml)
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (300 g)
- 6 ounces caramels (180 g)
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk (500 ml)
- 1 cup pecan pieces (250 ml)
- Melt the butter with the chocolate crumbs, press into a 13 x 9 inch buttered pan. Sprinkle with coconut, then half the chocolate chips and caramels. Pour the Sweetened Condensed milk over then sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Cool. Melt the remaining 5 oz. chocolate in a double boiler then pour over the squares. Cut into bars once cool. Add a pecan half on each square if you wish. Makes 24 squares.
- Simply Delicious Cooking Ron Kalenuik.