Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Note: prep/cooking times do not include chill time.
Make and share this Turtles recipe from Food.com.
- Heat butter and evaporated milk until butter melts.
- In a separate 2-quart saucepan, cook sugar and corn syrup over medium heat to 244 degrees (firm-ball stage), stirring constantly.
- SLOWLY stir in hot milk mixture, making sure sugar mixture does not stop boiling. Stir constantly until temperature reaches 244 degrees.
- Remove caramel from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- On waxed paper, place 4 pecans per turtle and top with 1 heaping teaspoon caramel. Cool until firm.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water. Spoon chocolate over caramel.
- Cool until hardened.