Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
Total decadence! If you love turtle candies, you will love these cookies.
Make and share this Turtle Thumbprint Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 158.51 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml flour
- 20 caramels
- 48 pecan halves
- 14.79 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 29.58 ml heavy whipping cream
- Combine the butter, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until well mixed. Cover; refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine caramels and whipping cream in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted and smooth, stirring after every minute. Spoon about 1/2 t caramel mixture into the center of each cookie. Top with a pecan half.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled caramel cookies. Let stand until set, about 2 hours.
These were awesome! I was looking for something to use for my son's Dr Seuss themed birthday party. We used your cookies for Yertle the Turtle. Super easy and so yummy! These were a bigger hit than the cupcakes. And I had a ton of people ask for the recipe. Thank you so much for sharing!