Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
After receiving these as part of a Christmas baking exchange I just had to have the recipe! These tarts are simple to make and so delicious.
- 40 prepared tart shells (prepared or homemade)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pecan pieces
- 40 chocolate melting wafers, 1 for each tart
- Bake tart shells according to directions.
- Break up pecan pieces and place a small amount in each tart shell.
- *You can make the filling fill more tart shells if you use more pecans* Melt margarine in a saucepan and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring a few times with a whisk.
- Let boil for 2 minutes.
- While mixture is still hot fill tart shells and top with 1 chocolate melting wafer or a few chocolate chips. **or melt chocolate in a ziploc bag, cut off one end,and drizzle over tarts**.
- Cool and enjoy!
- These also freeze well. Place cooled tarts in a Tupperware container or a ziploc bag. (You can use wax paper to separate the layers if desired) Label and Freeze. To serve: remove tarts from container and let come to room temperature and then enjoy!
These turned out so cute...i used the small prepared tarts and they were just perfect...really easy to make..
I have been making these tarts for years. Recipe is the same but I use butter instead of margarine and instead of a chocolate wafer I use a Rosebud. Delicious.
Wow! Mouth watering little delightfuls these are! You go back for more before you realize you are eating 2 or 3. I tried white chocolate to be different and they are just as tasty! The caramel filling is so easy to make and quite delicious! Love it! I'm glad I came across this recipe!