After receiving these as part of a Christmas baking exchange I just had to have the recipe! These tarts are simple to make and so delicious.
- Bake tart shells according to directions.
- Break up pecan pieces and place a small amount in each tart shell.
- *You can make the filling fill more tart shells if you use more pecans* Melt margarine in a saucepan and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring a few times with a whisk.
- Let boil for 2 minutes.
- While mixture is still hot fill tart shells and top with 1 chocolate melting wafer or a few chocolate chips. **or melt chocolate in a ziploc bag, cut off one end,and drizzle over tarts**.
- Cool and enjoy!
- These also freeze well. Place cooled tarts in a Tupperware container or a ziploc bag. (You can use wax paper to separate the layers if desired) Label and Freeze. To serve: remove tarts from container and let come to room temperature and then enjoy!