1/1 Photo of "Turtle" Squares
for lovers of pecans and chocolate...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 13 X 9 baking pan evenly with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Beat 1 cup brown sugar with 1/2 cup melted butter with an electric mixer on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- 5Press the flour mixture evenly and firmly into the prepared baking pan.
- 6Sprinkle the pecans evenly oven the flour mixture in the pan.
- 7Mix the 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat.
- 8Stir constantly while boiling for about 1 minute.
- 9Spread the boiling mixture evenly over the pecans.
- 10Bake for about 20 minutes.
- 12Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring ever 30 seconds or so until almost smooth (you can do this in a double boiler on the stove if you prefer).
- 13Remove the chocolate chips, stir thoroughly to smooth and spread evenly over the top of the squares.
- 14Chill for 15 minutes until the chocolate sets and then remove from fridge.
- 15When squares have returned to room temperature (so chocolate won't crack) cut into 36 squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Turtle" Squares
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 46.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g