Recipe by *Pixie*
for lovers of pecans and chocolate...
Top Review by alligirl
These are as easy to make as they are good! The crust is yummy and they go together very quickly. I saved a step, and just sprinkled the chocolate chips over the bars as they came out of the oven, letting them melt, and spreading them out before cooling. Thanks, *Pixie, for a great addition to my cookie repertoire. Made for Spring PAC '09.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13 X 9 baking pan evenly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat 1 cup brown sugar with 1/2 cup melted butter with an electric mixer on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Press the flour mixture evenly and firmly into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the pecans evenly oven the flour mixture in the pan.
- Mix the 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat.
- Stir constantly while boiling for about 1 minute.
- Spread the boiling mixture evenly over the pecans.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring ever 30 seconds or so until almost smooth (you can do this in a double boiler on the stove if you prefer).
- Remove the chocolate chips, stir thoroughly to smooth and spread evenly over the top of the squares.
- Chill for 15 minutes until the chocolate sets and then remove from fridge.
- When squares have returned to room temperature (so chocolate won't crack) cut into 36 squares.