Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
for lovers of pecans and chocolate...
Make and share this "Turtle" Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13 X 9 baking pan evenly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat 1 cup brown sugar with 1/2 cup melted butter with an electric mixer on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Press the flour mixture evenly and firmly into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the pecans evenly oven the flour mixture in the pan.
- Mix the 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat.
- Stir constantly while boiling for about 1 minute.
- Spread the boiling mixture evenly over the pecans.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring ever 30 seconds or so until almost smooth (you can do this in a double boiler on the stove if you prefer).
- Remove the chocolate chips, stir thoroughly to smooth and spread evenly over the top of the squares.
- Chill for 15 minutes until the chocolate sets and then remove from fridge.
- When squares have returned to room temperature (so chocolate won't crack) cut into 36 squares.
These are as easy to make as they are good! The crust is yummy and they go together very quickly. I saved a step, and just sprinkled the chocolate chips over the bars as they came out of the oven, letting them melt, and spreading them out before cooling. Thanks, *Pixie, for a great addition to my cookie repertoire. Made for Spring PAC '09.
Living in Australia *Pixie* I was missing my Turles..mmmm Thank-you for posting this recipe. My husband and I loved them and didn't take long to clean the pan.
Super easy way to get your turtle fix. This recipe is easy to follow and the results are consistent. Thanks.