Prep 45 mins
Cook 23 mins
From a brand name baking magazine. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 24 caramels
- 1 (6 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 dozen pecan halves
- Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, mix butter, sugar and almond extract. Stir in flour and salt. (If dough is crumbly, mix in 1 to 2 T. additional softened butter.).
- Divide dough into 12 equal parts. Roll each part into 1/4 inch thick circle (if dough is sticky, chill about 15 minutes.) Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Place wedges 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1 quart saucepan, heat caramels over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until melted. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 1 to 3 minutes, stirring halfway through heating time, until melted and thin enough to drizzle.
- Dip 2 straight edges of each cookie into melted caramel, then into chopped pecans.