1/2 Photos of Turtle Shell Salad
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is avocado halves covering cottage cheese mixed with green olives and onions and some avocado salsa. Kids love it! Great with grilled pork chops or grilled chicken.The kids said, "Mom, Mr. Turtle must have a head." Previously no head, feet or tail to poor Mr.Turtle so the kids put the olive for the head, and I went from there, and there you have it! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour lemon juice in flat bottom dish and roll each avocado half in lemon juice. Place flat side down in dish. Sprinkle salt on the top of each half.
- 2In mixing bowl, take two halves and mash with picante sauce, add cottage cheese, green olives and onions. Mix well.
- 3Lay romain lettuce leaf on each of six plates.
- 4Take ice cream scoop and place a scoop of.
- 5cottage cheese avocado salsa in the middle of lettuce leaf. Take one avocado half and place over the mound of salad.
- 6Save the lemon juice to serve.
- 7Note: you can score the avocado half with a toothpick and make marks on the shell and place a large green olive in the front of the "shell" You can make little "feet" by taking the top of a green onion and making cuts to fan on each end of a 2 inch section.
- 8of green onion top, then cut the section in half and you have "four feet". You can take a small strip of pimento and cut in narrow pieces and tuck under the "shell" for a tail.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turtle Shell Salad
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.5
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 231.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento-stuffed green olives