Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in a 2008 Taste of Home magazine, and posting it here to try later. This was submitted by Holly Snyder from Milton Penn. Prep time includes chilling.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon maple flavoring (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 square semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (1 ounce)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until it's light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and maple flavoring. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Push four pecan pieces into each ball for legs, add two small pecan pieces to each for heat and tail.
- Bake at 350*F. for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the glaze:.
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter with milk. Remove from the heat, stir in confectioner's sugar.
- Dip top of each cookie into glaze. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Enjoy!