The idea for this recipe came from the Pampered Chef catalog, they had a banana carmel ravioli. I don't care for banana's in anyother way than the way they grow on trees but thought it would be tasty using pecans instead for a turtle ravioli. Here's what I came up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- 2Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with vegetable oil.
- 3Cut caramels in half.
- 4Unroll one package of dough onto bottom of pan, gently shaping to form a rectangle. (Do not stretch. Dough will not cover entire bottom of pan.).
- 5Arrange small piles of pecans (approx 1/2-1 tsp each 'pile') over dough in four rows of six each, spacing 3/4 inches (2 cm) apart.
- 6Top pecan piles slice with two caramel halves.
- 7Unroll remaining dough directly over filling, matching edges and shaping to fit.
- 8Press firmly around filling to seal; pinch together any tears.
- 9Using Pastry Cutter fitted with fluted wheel, trim and discard edges of dough; cut into 24 ravioli.
- 10Using Mini-Serving Spatula, separate ravioli over pan.
- 11Bake 10–12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove ravioli to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 2 minutes.
- 12Place on serving plates; Add sugar to Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle over ravioli.
- 13drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turtle Ravioli Caramel Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 287.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g