Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
from Kraft foods. its REALLY good
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp. caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 honey maid graham cracker pie crust (6 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tbsp. chopped Planters pecans, divided
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided
- POUR 1/4 cup caramel topping into crust; sprinkle with 1/2 cup nuts.
- BEAT dry pudding mixes, milk, pumpkin and spices with whisk until well blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP; spoon into crust.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour. Top with remaining COOL WHIP, caramel topping and nuts just before serving.
I was a bit skeptical with this recipe because I love turtle pie/candy and I love pumpkin pie, but I was not sure if combining the two was a good idea. It sounded interesting though so I went ahead and tried it. What a yummy pie! I will definitely be making this again and in fact will likely add it to my Thanksgiving menu from now on! Thanks very much for a creative and delicious spin on a classic!