Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful fall dessert
Make and share this Turtle Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping into crust, sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans. Beat milk, pudding, pumpkin and spices until blended. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cool whip. Spread into crust. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Top with remaining cool whip, caramel topping and pecans just before serving.
Delicious pie! I love anything pumpkin and my DBF loves anything caramel. The only thing I did differently was to use pumpkin pie filling (therefore eliminating the spices) because that's what I had on hand. It was a great treat that you must try! Made for PAC Spring'09.
I made this pie without the extra cool whip on top(as pictured), but even without it this is a great little pie. It's very very easy because you don't have to bake it. I made my own crust, but you could just as easily buy a premade one. Made for My 3 chefs fall 08.