Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
We have a pumpkin recipe contest every year at our church. This was the winner last year...it's awesome...you gotta give it a try.
- 1⁄4 cup caramel topping
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, divided
- Pour 1/4 cup carmel topping into crust and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Beat milk, dry pudding mixes, pumpkin and spices with wisk until blended.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cup whipped topping and spread into crust.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Just before serving top with 2 tbs. pecans and drizzle remaining carmel with fork.
Made this for husband, and it was well appreciated. Used a bit more caramel, and would suggest getting it cold before putting the pie topping in, so it doesn't ooze around so much. Used pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon/nutmeg. I skipped the whipped cream on top and just drizzled more caramel and put some pecans and chocolate chips on top. Gotta have chocolate in the turtle! :)