1/2 Photos of Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake
9 hrs 25 mins
This recipe is from Pillsbury's Thanksgiving Classic Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups thin chocolate wafer crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup caramel topping
- 1Note: To toast pecans, sprinkle in ungreased heavy skillet.
- 2Cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until pecans begin to brown, then stirring constantly until light brown.
- 3For cheesecake, heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 4Wrap foil around outside bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan to prevent drips.
- 5Spray bottom and 1 inch up side of pan with cooking spray.
- 6In small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- 7Press crumb mixture on bottom and 1 inch up side of pan.
- 8Bake crust 8-10 minutes or until set.
- 9Cool at room temperature 5 minutes.
- 10Refrigerate about 5 minutes or until completely cooled.
- 11Meanwhile, in another small bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin; set aside.
- 12In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- 13Gradually beat in brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- 14Gradually beat in pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- 15Pour filling over crust.
- 16Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until edge of cheesecake is set but center still jiggles slightly when moved.
- 17Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake.
- 18Turn oven off, open oven door at least 4 inches.
- 19Let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes.
- 20Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes.
- 21Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- 22Just before serving, sprinkle pecans over top of cheesecake.
- 23In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate and oil uncovered on high 1 minute to 1 minute, 30 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
- 24Drizzle chocolate over pecans.
- 25To serve, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake, carefully remove side of pan.
- 26Drizzle caramel topping over each serving.
- 27Store covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.3
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 348.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bittersweet baking chocolate