Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is one of those Paula Deen recipes that makes you get up off the couch and run to the kitchen ... I just love how much SHE loves food!
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas (use the largest you can find)
- 1 (12 ounce) package caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut tortillas into 8 wedges, each. Bake the tortilla wedges for 8 minutes, or until a light golden brown (If you try to cut the baked tortilla, it will break and crack).
- Combine caramels and condensed milk in a microwave-safe glass dish. Melt in a double boiler or microwave on high for 1 minute, stir, and microwave again for 1 minute. Stir again. When caramels are melted, stir mixture until it is smooth.
- Spread it evenly on the tortilla wedges. Melt chocolate. Stir until smooth. Spread the chocolate layer over the caramel layer. Sprinkle the nuts evenly over the chocolate.