Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick recipe... mmm delicious, good to have in freezer and take our when unexpected guest show up. it is sweet, people always come back for more and request my recipe... i don't know where this recipe comes from
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chop pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, soften
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 -16 ounce frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (9 inch) baked pie crusts or 2 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add coconut and chop nuts. cook until golden brown, stirring frequently. Set aside this mixture.
- Combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth. Then fold in whip topping.
- Layer 1/4 of cream cheese mixture in each pie shell.
- drizzle 1/4 coconut mixture evenly over each pie.
- Repeat layers -- cover and freeze till firm, You may want to add decorative touch of your own to top this pie.
- Let pie stand at room temperature for about 5 to 10 minutes before slicing -- ENJOY.
This was really good! It is very rich, though, so I could only eat a small piece at a time. The only problem I had was that the directions don't say what to do with the caramel topping. I just drizzled it over the coconut & walnuts.