From Elsie the Cow at Borden. A decadent pie filled with caramel, chocolate, and pecans.
Make and share this Turtle Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In small heavy sauce pan over low heat, melt caramels with 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk.
- Spread evenly on bottom of prepared pie crust.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, melt chocolate with the butter.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with remaining sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla, and salt.
- Add chocolate mixture; Mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Top with pecans.
- Bake 35-40 min, or until center is set.
- Cool. Serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Sooooo decadent! This is definitely something to serve to someone with a sweet tooth :-). It is rich, fudgey and so wonderful! I followed the directions, as stated, and was rewarded with 'nirvana', that I can't wait to share with more friends. I did use a graham cracker crust and I think that was a perfect base. Thanks so much for sharing, Brenda!
This pie is heavenly! It improves with age and refrigeration. It's a snap to make, especially when using a pre-made crust. Thanks for sharing!
An OUTSTANDING pie worthy of a celebration. Come sample...I will seek you out by the chocolate bar...and don't be late! Made for Best of 2010 and one for my Best of 2011.