Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Like turtle candies? Then you'll love this fudgy cake, chock-full of candy and spread with caramel-flavored whipped cream. Recipe came out of Women's World magazine.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 7 ounces turtle candies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup caramel topping, from a jars
- 16 ounces milk chocolate frosting
- At low speed beat cake mix, buttermilk, oil and eggs for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high; beat 2 minutes.
- Toss 1 cup chopped candies with cocoa; stir into batter. Divide batter into two 9 inch round cake pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool on racks 20 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely.
- At high speed beat ceram until thickened. Reduce speed to low; beat in caramel topping.
- Increase speed to medium; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Stir chopped candy into frosting. Place 1 cake layer on plate; spread with frosting mixture. Top with remaining layer. Spread top and side of cake with whipped cream.
- Garnish with candies, if desired.