Recipe by Peggy Lynn
Yummy Chocolate and Caramel Ice Cream Sauce-From Country Woman Magazine-1998-
Top Review by Chef MurphyGirl
I originally received this as a gift from one of my Sunday School students and thank goodness they gave me the recipe! I've used this as Christmas gifts for my kids to give to their teachers and the principal is totally hooked. This is simply amazing.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces kraft caramel candies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or Dutch Oven,combine the first seven ingredients in order given.
- Cook,stirring constantly,over Medium-low heat until the caramels are melted and mixture is smooth(do not boil).
- Reduce heat to low.
- With an electric hand mixer on medium speed,beat in vanilla;continue beating for five minutes.
- Beat on High for two minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool for thirty minutes(sauce will thicken as it cools).
- Pour into glass or plastic food storage containers.
- Store in the refrigerator.