Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lower fat and lower calorie dessert. I promise that your guests will never know! Please note that the time given does not include freezing the finished cake for 8 hours before serving. TRUE Nutritional Information 1 serving: Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 125mg; Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 25g); Protein 4g % Daily Value Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4%
- 10 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon extra-light vegetable oil spread, no-trans-fat 68%, stick, melted
- 3 cups low-fat chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chocolate fudge topping
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free caramel topping
- In small bowl, mix wafer cookie crumbs and melted vegetable oil spread until crumbly. Press gently and evenly in bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Drop chocolate ice cream by small spoonfuls over crust; carefully spread until smooth. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Spoon and carefully spread fudge topping over ice cream. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the pecans; press lightly. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Drop vanilla ice cream by small spoonfuls over pecan layer; carefully spread until smooth. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup pecans. Cover; freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes to soften. Carefully remove side of pan. Cut into 12 wedges. Place each wedge on individual dessert plate; drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of the caramel topping. Store remaining ice cream cake covered in freezer.