Recipe by * Pamela *
Great for making a head and keeping in the freezer for unexpected company!
Top Review by megjo77
More like a apple crumb pie a la mode without apples. It would make more sense to call it "turtle" if it had chocolate in it too. It was kind of a hassle to make the crust, but it turned out really crunchy and good.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup margarine, melted, or use butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 8 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients and spread on a cookie sheet in a thin layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees until crumbs are golden.
- Check often to prevent it from burning!
- Crumble into 1-13 x 9 pan or 2-8x8 pans reserving some of the crumbs for the top.
- Drizzle 3/4 cup caramel sauce on top of crumbs.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream on top and spread evenly.
- Drizzle the rest of the caramel sauce and top with the reserved crumbs.
- Freeze until firm or overnight.
- If storing for an extended time, cover well to prevent freezer burn.