- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening or 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 18 1⁄4 ounces devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bottom and sides of skillet with shortening and flour, tap out excess flour.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Gently pour batter over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Carefully, remove skillet; cool cake.
- Loosen edges of cake and carefully invert onto platter.
- Place chocolate and half of the icecream topping in microwave; cook on high 30-60 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Spread caramel mixture over cake.
- Sprinkle pecans over cake.
- Drizzle with remaining ice cream topping.
- Let stand until topping is set.
- Cut into wedges.
- May serve with ice cream.