Turtles, pecan halves with creamy caramel and Dove dark chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place UNOPENED can of evaporated milk in 2 quart saucepan. Cover with water, boil for 1 hour, keeping can covered with water. Remove and cool.
- 2In a double boiler, over medium-low heat, melt Dove chocolate until creamy.
- 3On parchment paper,drop small amount of Dove chocolate and spread out to quarter size. Place 4 pecan halves on top of chocolate.
- 4Open can of evaporated milk, and scoop a tablespoon of creamy caramel on top of each set of pecan halves.
- 5Cover caramel with melted chocolate.
- 6Cool completely. (I place tray in freezer for 5 - 10 minutes for a quick set).
- 7Remove from parchment paper and serve, or store in container with parchment paper in between layers of turtles.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turtle Doves
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 17.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet dark chocolate squares