A recipe I got from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook, contributed by Cheri Emery, using a cake mix. It's posted as written, but I used 5 pecan halves to give them 4 legs and a head!:) I also added a rolo inside each so when you bite into them you get caramel too! It's important the dough is completely covering the rolo or it will seep out!
- Combine dry cake mix, water, oil and eggs, mixing well and set aside.
- Arrange pecans in clusters of 3 on greased baking sheets.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Center each on a cluster of pecans and flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 375*.
- Cool and frost.
- FROSTING: Sift powdered sugar and cocoa, set aside. Cream butter and vanilla, then add the powdered sugar mixture and milk alternately until desired consistency.
Yummy from the first to the last, and I ate most of them myself!
Ohhh, Good God, woman! These were wonderful little treats! I used the rolos too and they put these cookies over the top! Thanks so much for posting!! Made for FallPAC '09.
What an easy cookie to make! They are tasty, too! I made them exactly as the recipe specified and came out with 3 1/2 dozen cookies. I ran out of pecans so I made the last dozen with walnuts. I made 1/2 batch more frosting and that was enough to frost the batch. I used a pastry bag and star tip to frost them with. Made for spring PAC 2009