A recipe I got from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook, contributed by Cheri Emery, using a cake mix. It's posted as written, but I used 5 pecan halves to give them 4 legs and a head!:) I also added a rolo inside each so when you bite into them you get caramel too! It's important the dough is completely covering the rolo or it will seep out!
- Combine dry cake mix, water, oil and eggs, mixing well and set aside.
- Arrange pecans in clusters of 3 on greased baking sheets.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Center each on a cluster of pecans and flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 375*.
- Cool and frost.
- FROSTING: Sift powdered sugar and cocoa, set aside. Cream butter and vanilla, then add the powdered sugar mixture and milk alternately until desired consistency.