Recipe by diner524
I bought a frozen assortment pack of cheesecake bites that included a turtle cheesecake that I just love!! So I made this recipe to replicate the one from Lawlers, but in a whole cheesecake. Prep time does not include cooling and refrigeration time.
Top Review by Julie F
My daughter requested a turtle cheesecake for her birthday and I had been sick for three weeks and just the day before had been diagnosed with Pneumonia. I wanted to make her something that didn't completely wipe me out. I found this and it was just what I was looking for. It was very easy, but the results tasted like I had slaved all day! I was so happy that I could make her something she loved with minimal effort. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust, store bought (I bought Oreo)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces pecans, toasted and chopped
- 7 ounces caramel candies (half of a bag)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs; mix just until blended and pour into Oreo pie crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until center is about set.
- Cool for 45-60 minutes.
- While cooling, microwave caramels and milk for 3 minutes on high or until melted. Pour caramel over cooled cheesecake.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans on cake.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.