Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I bought a frozen assortment pack of cheesecake bites that included a turtle cheesecake that I just love!! So I made this recipe to replicate the one from Lawlers, but in a whole cheesecake. Prep time does not include cooling and refrigeration time.
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust, store bought (I bought Oreo)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces pecans, toasted and chopped
- 7 ounces caramel candies (half of a bag)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs; mix just until blended and pour into Oreo pie crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until center is about set.
- Cool for 45-60 minutes.
- While cooling, microwave caramels and milk for 3 minutes on high or until melted. Pour caramel over cooled cheesecake.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans on cake.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
My daughter requested a turtle cheesecake for her birthday and I had been sick for three weeks and just the day before had been diagnosed with Pneumonia. I wanted to make her something that didn't completely wipe me out. I found this and it was just what I was looking for. It was very easy, but the results tasted like I had slaved all day! I was so happy that I could make her something she loved with minimal effort. Thanks for sharing!
YUM!!!!!! I made this for Thanksgiving this year for an alternative to the pumpkin pie. No one even at the pumpkin pie because this was SO good. It really is a beautiful dessert too. Can't wait to go have another slice tonight!
I made this for our Sunday dessert and everyone loved it! I like how everything went very smoothly and the steps just fell into order :) that always helps. Awesome Recipe. my first time making a homemade cheesecake too!!