1/1 Photo of Turtle Cheesecake
3 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Taste of Home
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted and divided
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, melted and slightly cooled
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1Combine crumbs and butter; blend well.
- 2Press into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set; cool.
- 4In a saucepan over low heat, melt caramels in milk, stirring until smooth.
- 5Cool 5 minutes.
- 6Pour into crust; top with 1 1/2 cups of pecans.
- 7In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 8Add sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- 9Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 10Add chocolate; mix just until blended.
- 11Carefully spread over pecans.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until filling is almost set.
- 13Cool to room temperature.
- 14Chill overnight.
- 15Ganish with remaining pecans and whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turtle Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.4
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 135.2 mg
- Sodium 383.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g