Cook1 hr 15 mins
Taste of Home
Make and share this Turtle Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted and divided
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, melted and slightly cooled
- whipped cream (optional)
- Combine crumbs and butter; blend well.
- Press into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set; cool.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt caramels in milk, stirring until smooth.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Pour into crust; top with 1 1/2 cups of pecans.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add chocolate; mix just until blended.
- Carefully spread over pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until filling is almost set.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Chill overnight.
- Ganish with remaining pecans and whipped cream if desired.