1/1 Photo of Turtle Cake Bars
1 hr 15 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipe comes from Jackie's Cake Supplies in Shuteston, Louisiana. I took all of my cake decorating classes with Jackie who is a wonderful instructor and friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Step 1 Ingredients
- 453.59 g caramel (Individually wrapped if bulk caramel is not available in your area)
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml condensed milk
Step 2 Ingredients
- 1In heavy pot melt all ingredients in step one.
- 2When melted set aside.
- 3In large bowl combine dry cake mix with melted butter and evaporated milk and stir well by hand.
- 4Batter will be sticky.
- 5Press 1/2 of batter in well greased 9x13 baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and pour reserved caramel mixture evenly over baked cake.
- 7On top of caramel sprinkle evenly the pecans and chocolate chips.
- 8Press pecans and chips lightly into caramel.
- 9Drop remaining cake batter across top by small amounts and spread carefully with a spatula.
- 10Cake batter will not completely cover.
- 11Bake 20 to 22 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 12Cool completely before attempting to cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turtle Cake Bars
Serving Size: 1 (2040 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 158.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g