My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease and flour 9-by-13-inch pan.
- 3Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- 4Pour half the batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven.
- 6Melt caramels, milk and butter in the top of a double boiler over boiling water.
- 7Pour melted caramel mixture over cake, sprinkle with half of pecans and half of chocolate chips.
- 8Pour remaining cake batter over the top.
- 9Sprinkle remaining pecans and chocolate chips over the top of batter.
- 10Return to oven and finish baking 20 to 25 minutes.
- 11Serve cool or warm, not hot.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turtle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7794.0
- Calories from Fat 4178
- Total Fat 464.3 g
- Saturated Fat 160.1 g
- Cholesterol 870.9 mg
- Sodium 6397.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 919.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 48.7 g
- Sugars 661.2 g
- Protein 94.0 g