Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so great. Often requested at my house.
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix cake according to package directions.
- Pour half of batter into prepared 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In saucepan, melt caramels with butter and milk; mix well.
- Pour over cake.
- Sprinkle pecans and chocolate chips over caramel layer.
- Cover with rest of batter and bake 15-20 minutes longer at 350 degrees.
Sinfully good, Thanks for posting :p
Perhaps it was the boxed cake mix (Duncan Hines), but we didn't find this very flavorful.
This was absolutely fantastic! I couldn't stay away from it. Thanks for posting this great recipe.