Recipe by MizzNezz
This is an easy, delicious cake. It keeps well and is a great addition to any pic-nic or potluck.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
I have made this several times in the past. I took it to work one time and it didn't last too long. If you love those candies you will definitely love this cake. Chocolate lovers, try this one! :-)
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 5 ounces evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix, with pudding (the one that uses oil)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄4 cup oil (1/2 the quantity called for by the cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temp
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Line 13x9 pan with foil and lightly grease the foil.
- In small saucepan, slowly heat caramels and milk stirring until melted.
- Prepare cake.
- Beat on low 1 minute, add butter, beat on hi 2 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 the batter in pan.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Pour caramel mix over cake; spread to edges.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup choc chips and 1 cup pecans.
- Spoon remaining batter over; spread to edges.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cake puffs up around the sides of pan and springs back when touched.
- Set the cake on a wire rack to cool.
- Melt remaining choc chips; spread over cooled cake; sprinkle with remaining pecans.