Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This turtle cake is a different version as it has a frosting. This is very rich and chocolatey.
Make and share this Turtle Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package caramels
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- Mix cake according to package directions.
- Pour half the batter into a greased And floured 9x13 in pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minute.
- Meanwhile, melt margarine, milk, and caramels together until smooth.
- Pour over baked cake layer.
- Sprinkle nuts and chips over the caramel.
- Pour rest of the batter over top and bake at 350 for 20 min, or until it seems done.
- Melt the first 4 ingred. over low heat until warm.
- Add powdered sugar; mix well, and spread over baked cooled cake.