Recipe by Justmez2
From a friends church cookbook that she let me drool over some of the pages. Some former coworkers had renamed this PMS brownies. My nephew in Florida made these for his friends and was a big splash down there too!
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 lb caramel
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 9 x 13 glass dish well.
- Mix cake mix, butter and 1/2 of evaporated milk.
- Pour 1/2 of cake mix into baking dish, mixture will be thick.
- Bake cake at temperature on box for 18 minutes.
- While cake is baking-- Peel paper from caramels.
- In microwave bowl put other 1/2 of evaporated milk and caramels; melt on medium stirring after 30 seconds intervals till caramels are melted.
- MIXTURE WILL BE VERY HOT CAREFUL!
- Remove cake from oven and pour caramel mixture over cake; spread chocolate chips over and then sprinkle pecans over chocolate.
- Pour rest of batter over the filling and bake again 18 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.