Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received an email this morning and this recipe was featured. You can find it at the www.recipe4living.com website. There is a lovely picture posted on the website. Check it out! Here is what the chef has to say: If you love turtles (the chocolates), you'll LOVE these brownies!
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 40 caramels
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Brownies: Melt chocolate and butter in a heat-proof bowl over boiling water. Set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs and sugars until smooth. Add vanilla and chocolate mixture, beat well. Beat in flour and salt. Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until brownies are done. Set on wire rack to cool.
- Caramel Topping: Melt caramels and cream; bring to a boil. Stir in pecans until fully covered. Pour over brownies. Put in refrigerator to set (when brownies are firm).
- Ganache Topping: Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate (heat proof bowl). Wait 5 minutes, whisk until blended. Drizzle over brownies in a zig zag pattern.