Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
originally from "Family Circle" magazine
Make and share this Turtle Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups pecans or 2 cups walnuts, divided
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease foil-lined 13x0" baking pan.
- Microwave chocolate squares and butter in microwavable bowl on high until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir sugar into chocolate until well blended.
- Mix in eggs.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread 1/2 of batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 min.
- or unt il batter is firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, microwave caramels and cream in microwavable bowl on high 3 min.
- or until caramels begin to melt. Whisk until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup nuts.
- Gently spread caramel mixture over brownie batter in pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour remaining unbaked brownie batter evenly over caramel mixture; sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- (Some caramel mixture may leak through.) Bake 30 min.
- Cool in pan.
- run knife around edge of pan to loosen brownies from sides.
- Lift from pan using foil as handles.
- Cut into bars.
These are ridiculously good! We used walnut pieces and they were delicious. We took the first batch to a Superbowl party and immediately made a second batch a week later for another gathering. This one will stay in the rotation.
These are some of the best brownies I have ever eaten. The whole family raved about them and ate a whole pan in one afternoon!
Excellent Brownies! I added pecans in when I made the caramel. We plan to have these often!