Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom sent this to me via email and they are a rich a gooey treat!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 7 tablespoons evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 turtle candies
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, butter and 5 tablespoons evaporated milk in large bowl stir until blended. Stir in nuts. Spread half of cake mix mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Microwave morsels and remaining evaporated milk in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Gently spread over cake layer. Place Turtles on cake layer; drop remaining cake mix mixture by heaping teaspoons between Turtles.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.