Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Not much more work and way better than a box!
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 14 ounces wrapped caramels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Mix the sugar, butter, eggs, and cocoa until just blended.
- Slowly add flour and one teaspoon of the vanilla. Mix until just blended. Spread batter in pan.
- In saucepan over low heat melt caramels, with can of evaporated milk and remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Bake brownies for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour all but a 1/4 cup of the caramel over the brownies. Cut caramel into brownies with a knife. Pour chopped pecans over brownies and gently press into brownie batter.
- Bake about 20 more minutes. Do not over bake. Let cool on wire rack.
- Once brownies have cooled drizzle remaining caramel over the top. Let set for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Sorry this was disappointing. The texture wasn't what I was expecting.
Thanks a lot, I really miss my husband since he DIED AND WENT TO BROWNIE HEAVEN! This was REALLY easy to make--especially since I cheated a little. Instead of melting the caramels, I used a jar of caramel ice cream topping. I also used half sugar and half Splenda, and white whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose. (You have to use just a TAD less flour then, so it doesn't get to dry.) Thank you hauska, this was an easy recipe, and a hit with DH and my visiting father-in-law. It goes well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream too!